We encourage you to browse our yoga class schedule, read the class and workshop descriptions ahead of time to get a sense of what to expect from the class/workshop that appeals to you the most.
- We break down the individual movements and teach basic yoga fundamentals in this vinyasa flow class. Although the class is geared toward the beginner, it is also great for students with more experience looking to slow down or deepen their practice. It is our intention to get you moving so that you can feel the effect of the yoga, but provide extra instruction at a slightly slower pace to help you build your yoga foundation.
- CORE FUSION FLOW
- A soulful and athletic practice that fuses vinyasa yoga with intense core work for the ultimate mind body experience. The class will incorporate sun salutations and warrior sequences woven with isolated arm, thigh and ab work as you build the heat, then reward yourself and let go with a restful savasana. This uplifting core yoga class will leave you strengthened, stretched, and sweaty!
- LUNCH EXPRESS
- Our busiest days may just be the opportune time to squeexe in a yoga class! Gift yourself a break and take time for this short and sweet flowing class...that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready for the afternoon. All levels welcome.
- This flowing class incorporates yoga postures in a fluid, flowing style that combines strength and spirit, integration of breath with movement and alignment principals. Accessible to all levels of practitioners, the class may include a variety of core work, hip openers, inversions and backbends. Leave feeling cleansed, energized and inner connected. Modifications are given.
- Barre is a dynamic full body workout that incorporates high repetitions using light weights or body weight. Class consists of a warm-up and focus sections on: arms, legs, and mat core work. The class ends with a series of stretches to increase flexibility, allowing muscles to recover. Barre builds lean, long muscle in order to tone and builds strength in a way typical workouts cannot. Barre is considered to be low impact on the joints and fuses ballet, isometric movements, yoga, and pilates.
- RISE & SHINE
- Set the pace for your day with this early morning vinyasa flow class. This moderately paced class is suitable for all levels and will allow you to wake up your body and your mind. Move into your day in a grounded and spacious frame of mind.
- Vigorous and challenging, this class consists of a flowing series of intense yoga postures. Breath is emphasized. Explore in-depth sun salutations, backbends, inversions and arm balances. Not recommended for beginners.
- RELAXING FLOW WITH MEDITATION
- Relax and unwind in this less physically demanding form of yoga. Deep, conscious breathing and attention to the present moment are encouraged as students move gently through flowing as well as restorative postures. Poses are held longer to allow the body to relax into them. Soothing music, aromatherapy, gentle massage, and use of props encourage total relaxation. A guided meditation ends the class. Suitable for all levels.
- YIN/DEEP STRETCH
- This class combines elements of YIN, vinyasa and restorative yoga complimented by music that inspires, relaxes and restores. The class begins with warming and flowing sequences followed in the second half by the cooling stillness of YIN and restorative postures to bring about balance.
YIN yoga works the connective tissue and fascia of the body, brings integrity to the joints and creates space within. YIN poses are floor based poses and supported with props to create as little effort as possible while still holding the pose, allowing the body to relax and release. All levels welcome.
- The prenatal yoga program at Puma Yoga is created to prepare you for labor and delivery. Classes focus on breathing and relaxation techniques as well as yoga postures that help develop and promote muscle strengthening and toning, balance and circulation. Restorative postures are included in class. Whether you are an advanced yoga practitioner or new to yoga, Puma Yoga invites our moms-to-be to join us for prenatal yoga classes that will help to prepare the body and heart for childbirth. You’ll have the opportunity to connect with other moms in a safe, warm environment. Practicing yoga during pregnancy helps to strengthen the body, increase flexibility, release tension, maintain good posture, and aid in keeping an upbeat attitude especially when dealing with stresses associated with pregnancy and motherhood.
- BABY & ME
- Baby and Me Yoga is a fun yoga class for new mothers and babies. This class provides moms the opportunity to regain strength and ton muscle while bonding, singing and playing with their babies. You and your baby will play and practice yoga while you sing songs, explore movement, practice infant message and connect with other moms and babies.
Baby and Me is appropriate for moms who are feeling good at 6 weeks postpartum. Cesarean-section mommies, 8 to 10 weeks; please check with your doctor or midwife. Babies from 6 weeks to crawling enjoy this class!
Drop-ins and late-comers to class are welcome, though registration is suggested. No experience necessary.
- The most fun story time around town! Yoga poses and stories are linked together to create a unique and interactive practice. Chosen books focus on animals and nature, which are the basis of many yoga poses. We'll stop the story, DO the pose, and begin where we left off.
Space is limited. Pre-registration is recommended. Drop in's accepted as space allows.
- Learn your pose postures, begin to combine breathing and movement, and create a daily flow, but toss a few games in for the fun of it. Peace with a healthy dose of giggles. Appropriate for 9–13 years.