We encourage you to browse our yoga class schedule, read the class and workshop descriptions ahead of time to get a sense of what to expect from the class/workshop that appeals to you the most.
- These classes are taught as alignment based classes, crafted to give you a foundation for your yoga practice at ALL LEVELS. Perfect for beginners and those working to refine their practice. Attention to detail will be cultivated. Modifications given.
- CORE FUSION FLOW
- A soulful and athletic practice that fuses vinyasa yoga with intense core work for the ultimate mind body experience. The class will incorporate sun salutations and warrior sequences woven with isolated arm, thigh and ab work as you build the heat, then reward yourself and let go with a restful savasana. This uplifting core yoga class will leave you strengthened, stretched, and sweaty!
- FOLLOW THE YOGI
- This teacher led class incorporates yoga posture in a fluid, flowing style that combines strength and spirit, integration of breath with movement and alignment principals. Accessible to all levels of practitioners, the class may include a variety of core work, hip openers, inversions and backbends. Leave feeling cleansed, energized and inner connected. Modifications are given. Not recommended for the beginning yoga student.
- VINYASA FLOW
- This flowing class incorporates yoga postures in a fluid, flowing style that combines strength and spirit, integration of breath with movement and alignment principals. Accessible to all levels of practitioners, the class may include a variety of core work, hip openers, inversions and backbends. Leave feeling cleansed, energized and inner connected. Modifications are given.
- Barre is a dynamic full body workout that incorporates high repetitions using light weights or body weight. Class consists of a warm-up and focus sections on: arms, legs, and mat core work. The class ends with a series of stretches to increase flexibility, allowing muscles to recover. Barre builds lean, long muscle in order to tone and builds strength in a way typical workouts cannot. Barre is considered to be low impact on the joints and fuses ballet, isometric movements, yoga, and pilates.
- RISE & SHINE
- Set the pace for your day with this early morning vinyasa flow class. This moderately paced class is suitable for all levels and will allow you to wake up your body and your mind. Move into your day in a grounded and spacious frame of mind.
- POWERFUL FLOW
- Vigorous and challenging, this class consists of a flowing series of intense yoga postures. Breath is emphasized. Explore in-depth sun salutations, backbends, inversions and arm balances. Not recommended for beginners.
- RELAXING FLOW WITH MEDITATION
- Relax and unwind in this less physically demanding form of yoga. Deep, conscious breathing and attention to the present moment are encouraged as students move gently through flowing as well as restorative postures. Poses are held longer to allow the body to relax into them. Soothing music, aromatherapy, gentle massage, and use of props encourage total relaxation. A guided meditation ends the class. Suitable for all levels.
- YIN: REFRESH & RENEW
- This class combines elements of YIN, Vinyasa flow and Restorative yoga complimented by music that inspires, relaxes and restores. The class begins with warming and flowing sequences followed in the second half by the cooling stillness of Yin and restorative postures to bring about balance.
Yin yoga works the connective tissue and fascia of the body, brings integrity to the joints and creates space within. Yin poses are floor based poses and supported with props to create as little effort as possible while still holding the pose, allowing the body to relax and release. All levels welcome.
- Kundalini Yoga is considered a technology combining breath, mudras, eye-focus, mantras, body locks, and postures to balance the glandular system, strengthen the nervous system, expand lung capacity, and purify the blood.
Each class varies with its intention: abundance, clearing blocks, auric projection, prosperity, energy, manifestations, health, etc.
In the practice we harness the mental, physical, and nervous energies of the body. Practitioners have a radiant glow, a vibrant energy, a clarity of mind and calm graceful demeanor. Come experience profound body, mind and soul shifts!
- YOGA NIDRA
- Yoga Nidra simply means 'wakeful' sleep and is the practice of complete physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. Nidra is a journey through stillness and mindfulness in order to gain a greater sense of clarity, calmness, and serenity. Through the process of yoga nidra, the subtle energy channels are completely revitalized. One hour of guided meditation can be as effective as 4 hours of regular sleep.
This one hour class is perfect for all levels of practitioner, including those who have never tried yoga before. Spend an hour in deep relaxation, meditation, and pranayama with the body supported in savasana.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
• Improved Concentration & Focus
• Reduce Stress
• Gain Balance & Harmony
• Improves Quality of Sleep
• Decreases the requirements for analgesic, hypnotic and sedative drugs
- SLOW FLOW
- A slower vinyasa practice designed to take you deep inside each pose, making space for peace and stillness of the mind. The goal is to help you put in just enough effort to open the body and prepare for relaxation. This class is suitable to any experience level. Modifications/adaptations given by instructor.
- The prenatal yoga program at Puma Yoga is created to prepare you for labor and delivery. Classes focus on breathing and relaxation techniques as well as yoga postures that help develop and promote muscle strengthening and toning, balance and circulation. Restorative postures are included in class. Whether you are an advanced yoga practitioner or new to yoga, Puma Yoga invites our moms-to-be to join us for prenatal yoga classes that will help to prepare the body and heart for childbirth. You’ll have the opportunity to connect with other moms in a safe, warm environment. Practicing yoga during pregnancy helps to strengthen the body, increase flexibility, release tension, maintain good posture, and aid in keeping an upbeat attitude especially when dealing with stresses associated with pregnancy and motherhood.